Friday, August 22, 2008

chronicles of a bride - the fitting

19 August 2008

I just had my first fitting today. And boy, I was speechless. From the lace accents up to the skirt detail, Veluz, my couturier really amazed me. My mom was there to accompany me and even she was impressed as Veluz slowly transformed the design sketches into a beautiful masterpiece. Step by step, she adjusted the muslin so it would perfectly fit my form. I actually felt like I was in an operating room being dissected, hahaha. Pins where everywhere - shoulder, hips, buttocks, back, front, etc as Veluz together with her two assistants tediously nipped the waistline, hipline and all the lines you can think of.

Anyway, after a few more minutes, we saw the output. My verdict - perfect! I love it. I love it. I looove it. I was speechless. For a minute, I couldn't say a thing, napa-smile na lang ako. I was really in shock and awe. Ganun pala feeling. Anyway, I didn't take pictures of it as I want to keep it as a surprise for Manu. I know he already has an idea what the final design looks like but I am sure those didn't register well when I shared some details.

I will be having my second fitting before August ends. Keep you posted.

No comments: